Below please find a list of some recent Novel Engineering publications and presentations.
- Watkins, Jessica; Spencer, Kathleen; and Hammer, David (2014). “Examining Young Students’ Problem Scoping in Engineering Design”. Journal of PreCollege Engineering Education Research (JPEER). 4 (1).
- Hynes, Morgan and Swenson, Jessica (2013). “The Humanistic Side of Engineering: Considering Social Science and Humanities Dimensions of Engineering in Education and Research”. Journal of PreCollege Engineering Education Research. 3(2).
Conference Papers and Presentations
- McCormick, M. (2014). Engineering for Colonial Times. Proceedings from Annual American Society of Engineering Education Conference and Exhibition, Indianapolis, IN.
- McCormick, M., Hammer, D., & Brizuela, B (2014). Engineering Design as imagining “what could be”. Jean Piaget Society. San Francisco, CA.
- McCormick, M and Hammer, D. (2014). The Beginnings of Engineering Design in an Integrated Engineering and Literacy Task. International Conference of the Learning Sciences. Boulder, CO.
- McCormick, Mary. Wendell, Kristen B. & O’Connell, Brian Patrick (2014). Student Videos as a Tool for Elementary Teacher Development in Teaching Engineering: What Do Teachers Notice?. 121st ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition. Indianapolis, IN.
- Jessica Scolnic, Kathleen Spencer and Merredith Portsmore (2014). Viewing student engineering through the lens of “engineering moments”: An interpretive case study of 7th grade students with languagebased learning disabilities. 121st ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition.. Indianapolis, IN.
- McCormick, M. & Hynes, M. (2012). Engineering in a Fictional World: Early Findings from Integrating Engineering and Literacy. Proceedings from Annual American Society of Engineering Education Conference and Exhibition, Texas.
- Hammer, David, “How do students frame what they’re doing?” , bibl. , (2012). Talk Published